Before this week is out, my daughter will turn 13. She’ll go to bed on Friday night as a “tween” and awaken on Saturday a teenager.
Am I ready for this??? Am I prepared? Can anyone possibly be prepared? I recently posted this on Twitter:
- Could quite possibly pick you up and carry YOU
- Can text 755 characters per micro second
- Knows the words to every Katy Perry top 40 hit even though YOU’D never expose her to this [questionable, at best] music
- Must abide by her school [and Dad’s] dress code
- One minute is happy and sweet, the next is moody and not so sweet
- If left alone in a Target store, could spend upwards of thousands of dollars in a few short minutes
- Doesn’t eat meat [by choice] and prefers only products not tested on animals
- Has her own political views and seems to prefer Canada to the US [though she’s never been to Canada]
- Can run faster than you’ll ever be able to again [meaning there’s a chance she could flee on foot, if provoked]
- Could watch [for hours on end] those ridiculous real life tv programs about some poor woman murdered and left beside a gravel road in the woods by her 2nd cousin’s boyfriend who was once gay but is now a polygamist.